Humanities Impact Program
The central mission of the Onassis Foundation USA is the promotion of Greek culture through cultural and educational initiatives. The Onassis Humanities Impact Program (HIP) is designed to fulfill this mission by partnering with and supporting educational institutions to facilitate scholarly engagement with the Hellenic tradition, to educate students and the general public, and to reach new, diverse, and unexpected audiences.
HIP, started in 2018, is forming partnerships in the following areas:
- Education at the intersection of the Humanities and STEM professional disciplines
- Onassis Visiting Professors, to teach quarter/semester-long courses for credit
- Community College Education and Training
- Diversity in Classical Studies
- Prison Education in the Humanities
- Digital Humanities
Program details to be announced in August 2018.